Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Chewy - " It Could Have Been a Tragedy"














Hey Guys This is Serious!

Ciena will never learn her lesson, you ask why? Well, yesterday morning she found the bathroom rubber doorstop and decided to chew on it and she swallowed a piece of the rubber. Mom didn't know, but I saw her chewing it! Mom was taking us out to the bathroom when Ciena brought her the chewed up doorstop. Mom freaked and went searching to find the piece or pieces of the chewed off rubber, but she couldn't find any. She remembered when I was a puppy when I ate part of my rubber squeaky bone, she immediately called the vet 's office. They asked mom what happened and she told them. Then they instructed her to give me hydrogen peroxide and how much to make me throw up and boy did it work! I threw up a bunch of chewed up rubber pieces, much to mom's relief (maybe not mine)! The vet told her that I should be ok once I puked, but to just keep an eye on me for the day and she did. I turned out ok, but I blame my bad habits on being a dog who can seriously destroys toys (even today) and because I was a puppy who didn't know any better!! That's why mom and dad buy us only the most durable toys and they still keep an eye on us when we play with them. They even make sure the house is puppy proofed!

Also, my mom doesn't take any chances with us if she thinks that we may have eaten anything that could harm us, because several years ago mom lost her golden retriever due to similar circumstances. At the time, mom didn't know that her dog only two years old ate a piece of plastic. When the dog wouldn't eat and kept vomiting, she took her to the vet's office where they kept her for observation. Three days later the vet called mom and told her that her beloved dog died. Mom was distraught and crying, asking the vet what happened, how could she have died? The vet didn't have any answers and mom asked him to take care of her dog's final arrangements. The vet felt sorry for mom and did a partial autopsy to find out the cause of death and found that the dog ate a small piece of plastic which caused a blockage in the intestines, therefore the dog couldn't stop vomiting and subsequently went into shock and died.

So mom was surprised when Ciena chewed the doorstop cause she never took an interest in it before plus it's been under the main bathroom door for months. I guess goofy Ciena just couldn't resist giving it a go to see how it tasted. Since mom couldn't find the missing rubber pieces, she decided that after we went to the bathroom, she was going to give Ciena the hydrogen peroxide to be on the safe side. I went out to the bathroom first cause I can never wait and when we came in, Ciena had thrown up a pretty good size piece of rubber. Mom cleaned it up and washed the rubber piece to see if it was the whole missing piece from the stopper or if anything else was missing. It looked like it was all there, but she called the vet's office anyways. The vet said that Ciena should be alright and if there were any small pieces in her that she should eventually pass them. What a relief!!! She really loves ❤ us so!

Mom told me to tell you all that if you think that your dog may have eaten anything that can be potentially harmful to them, do not wait, call your vet or their emergency back right away, they will instruct you as to what to do and whether you need to bring them in to the vet's office. It can be matter of life or death for your pet! My mom knows only too well.

P.S. No more doorstops in our house!

Till next time it's paws up and don't forget to hug your pet(s)!


Chewy Man 🐕💕

No comments:

Post a Comment