Monday, March 13, 2023

FOR THE LOVE OF OUR SENIOR DOGS


 

HEY GUYS,

YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE A LIFE!


SENIOR DOGS 

BY CHEWY MAN AND FAMILY

As I look around this place, I’m in with others just like me,

I wonder what I have done that my family abandoned me.

I did all the things they asked and never did I whine,

They said I was a special pup, their companion, 'oh so fine'.

 They dressed me up, they showed me off, and often called me friend,

I gave them all the love I had and never thought it would end.

But here I sit in this cage with so many yearning to be free,

I still don’t understand why my family walked away from me.

Sadly, each day I watch people strolling by,

I wag my tail hoping someone will just say "Hi".

My days here may be numbered, but I still have much to give,

I’m hoping that someone will rescue me and give me a chance to live.

I don’t hold a grudge and I won’t take it out on you,

 I only know how to trust and love and do those crazy things I do.

I want to feel the love and joy again, that I gave my family,

Still, I don’t understand why so late in life they abandoned me.

But thank God I was one of the lucky ones to leave this place alive,

Many others that were with me unfortunately didn’t survive.

So, all I am asking you is to please give us old dogs a try,

We still have lots of love to give in the days before we die.

 

CHEWY MAN 🐶

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment