Monday, December 2, 2019

My Holiday Wish Is.........














HEY GUYS!๐Ÿพ

Long time no talk to you! Me and Ciena had a great summer and we hope that you did too! 

I know that the Holidays are just upon us, but I want to tell you that today is National Mutt Day, also know as National Mixed Breed Dog Day. You probably don't know this, but 80% of my fellow canine companions in the shelters are mixed breeds. So many of them need a forever home, but sadly so many of them never see one. So my Christmas wish is for shelter pets everywhere to have a loving home like me and Ciena have!  

Please read my Mom's poem in honor of this day, as it is a plea for ALL shelter dogs to have a forever home.

For The Love of a Shelter Dog

I am a shelter dog who watches you walk by,
I wag my tail and hope that you will give me a try.

You see, I am not a bad dog who deserved to be left here,

Unfortunately, it is just that no one wanted me near.
I may be young, or I may be old,
I may be shy, or I may be bold.
I may have been neglected or hurt in some way,
But I carry no grudge for I live in the moment each day.
I feel as though I have been here for so long,
Please take me to your home, for with you I belong.
I promise to guard you and keep you safe,
If only you would have a little faith.
I will work to be good and love you so much,
For I truly need your gentle touch.
Please don’t walk away and leave me behind,
Adopt me today for it would truly be kind.

So maybe you could visit your local shelter this month and find your perfect companion. If you are unable to adopt, you can donate your time at a shelter, or provide food, supplies or financial support (every dollar helps)! 

Till next time it's paws up and please remember my shelter friends.

Chewy Man๐Ÿ•







No comments:

Post a Comment